John C. Cave specializes in intellectual property litigation and mechanical patent preparation and prosecution. He received his B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Texas A&M University and his J.D. from Texas Tech University.
During Mr. Cave's engineering career, he assisted in the development of a computer program to calculate stresses in various components of an aircraft and was involved in the design of pumps and gas compressors for various applications in the oil field.
He is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the State of Texas, the U.S. District Court for the Western and the Southern Districts of Texas, and the United States Patent and Trademark Office. He is a member of both the San Antonio Bar Association and the San Antonio Chapter of the Federal Bar Association.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, 2001–present
- State of Texas, 1992–present
- Supreme Court of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- Doctorate of Jurisprudence, Texas Tech University
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University
- Board of Barristers, Texas Tech University School of Law
- Nominated Outstanding Mechanical Engineering Sophomore, Texas A&M University
- Dean's List, Texas A&M University
Gunn, Lee & Cave, P.C., 2000–present
Intellectual Property Law Firm
Patent Attorney, San Antonio, Texas
Sparr and Associates, Inc., 1993–2000
Associate Attorney, San Antonio, Texas
Speiser, Krause, Madole & Mendelsohn, Mata, 1991
Law Clerk, San Antonio, Texas
Prudential Insurance Company, 1985–1989
Insurance Representative, San Antonio, Texas
Ingersol Rand, 1985
Engineer, Houston, Texas
Fairchild Aircraft Corporation, 1983
Student Engineer, San Antonio, Texas
"Discovery of Expert Witnesses", Discovery Skills for Legal Staff in Texas, Lorman Education Services, San Antonio, Texas, March 28, 2001.
Professional Activities and Associations
- San Antonio Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association, San Antonio Chapter